Sleuth is an ongoing series of comics, since 2012 right up to TODAY, which branch across a few different “mediums” – zines, exhibitions, performances, animations, comics made for the wall, poster comics, paintings, short works in literary magazines etc. It loosely investigates the current situation of Australian spirituality … and what it looks like today.
A Potted History of Sleuth
* November 2012 – Sleuth: the Origin, an exhibition of criss-crossing comics at Inflight Art Gallery, Hobart
* November 2012 – Sleuth comic, to accompany the exhibition in Hobart
* March 2013 – Brief series of Sleuth poster-comics released
* May 2013 – Sleuth: the Origin – exhibition travelled to Alice Springs, accompanying The Long Weekend in Alice Springs exhibition
* July 2013 – Comic book – Sleuth: There’s Somethin’ Rotten on the Apple Isle, published by San Kessto Publications.
* April 2014 – Sleuth: the delegation, an exhibition held at Sawtooth ARI, Launceston, Tasmania. Reviewed here.
* June 2014 – Sleuth: OMG, 4 page comic released in Island Magazine.
* September 2014 – Sleuth: The Transcontinental Distress 6 page comic in Meanjin magazine.
* April 2015 – Sleuth: the delegation, an exhibition held at Tuggeranong Art Gallery, ACT.
* April 2016 – Sleuth: The Pulse – Visual Bulk, Hobart, performance and animations
Images from the 2014 Exhibition – Sleuth: The Delegation at Launceston’s Sawtooth ARI