Sleuth is an ongoing series of comics which branch across a few different “mediums” – zines, exhibitions of comics made for the wall, poster comics, paintings, short works in literary magazines etc. It loosely investigates the current situation of Australian spirituality … and what it looks like today.
A Potted History of Sleuth
* November 2012 – Sleuth: the Origin, an exhibition of criss-crossing comics at Inflight Art Gallery, Hobart
* November 2012 – Sleuth comic, to accompany the exhibition in Hobart
* March 2013 – Brief series of Sleuth poster-comics released
* May 2013 – Sleuth: the Origin – exhibition travelled to Alice Springs, accompanying The Long Weekend in Alice Springs exhibition
* July 2013 – Comic – Sleuth: There’s Somethin’ Rotten on the Apple Isle available from San Kessto
* April 2014 – Sleuth: the delegation, an exhibition held at Sawtooth ARI, Launceston, Tasmania. Reviewed here.
* June 2014 – Sleuth: OMG, 4 page comic released in Island Magazine.
* September 2014 – Sleuth: The Transcontinental Distress in Meanjin magazine
* April 2015 – Sleuth: the delegation, an exhibition held at Tuggeranong Art Gallery, ACT.
Comics from the series
Below is a diagrammatic representation of how the first exhibition functioned – later publication Sleuth comics have continued the concept by placing separate stories on top of each other – it has an amusing effect … the occasional serendipity.